Originally posted by delaney:
Paul, the early stages of the state park ordeal was a combined effort by the IBA and the IDHA kind of. It actually was a reasonably small core of individuals in those two organizations. To suggest it was a broad based inclusion of those organizations membership might be a bit of a stretch. It was a different time for sure. However, it is not that the same results can't be achieved today, but it is instead that the manner in which the game is played has changed and the hunting community doesn't wish to play it the way it is played today. That core of individuals that spent many hours getting Indiana citizens in the state parks to control the deer herd no longer have the energy or will to do the same because quite frankly, the general deer hunting public didn't appreciate what was achieved and didn't want to participate in the process then or now.

I'd like to also suggest that the gentleman that runs White Buffalo is a very articulate, well spoken and intelligent individual. I may not like the service his company provides but be there no mistake, he is successful because the hunting community doesn't and hasn't spent the time adequately representing itself to the non hunting public, including municipalities. Actually, he suggested years ago that the IDHA come up with a service like he provides to address situations here in Indiana. He is very professional in his approach and that is what the non hunting public wants in these situations.
Dave,

To be clear, I did not intend to take anything away from the IDHA efforts to get the state parks opened up for deer hunters. Sorry if my post came off that way.

I gave the IBA credit specifically for their efforts in "urban" setting state parks (Clifty Falls and Ft. Harrison). As I'm sure you recall, archery reductions lagged well behind the firearms reductions. I brought that up as those two state parks are the most comparable situations to Eagle Creek as I could come up with.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.