Originally posted by delaney:
The continued march of technology makes for great discussion and argument. After following a couple of prominent outfitters in Kentucky over the last couple of years I have come to a clear conclusion that baiting is a much stronger advantage then cameras, any camera, even the texting cameras. But remember, trad guys were rubbled the wrong way by bow with wheels, vertical guys rubbed the wrong way by crossbows, archery guys rubbed the wrong way by gun guys, many rubbed the wrong way by regular trail cameras when they were first introduced. And the list goes on. It has taken me a long time to realize that being rubbed the wrong way about use of legal technology is of little value and use of whatever technology is available should never be questioned or judged with a legal harvest. The issue with you Dew is that you do it your way and you do it well. That's not to suggest it is better or worse then anyone else regardless of size of harvest, use of technology or outcome of effort. You are simply to be congratulated on your accomplished like all others who harvest a deer.
Since they are used by EVERY deer hunter in one form or another, most have long forgotten the single biggest advancement in "modern" deer hunting.…..the portable tree stand! I don't ever hear anybody bitching about someone using them!