Originally posted by delaney:
Originally posted by Scarlett Dew:
[b]
Originally posted by delaney:
[b] In regard to the cameras, a guy that lives near and checks his cameras daily has a lot better edge from his cameras then a guy using a Covert Black Ops that lives two hours away.
False....

Anyone that believes you can track in and track out daily to get a "valid" idea on what deer are doing in that area, and it becomes an "advantage".......simply does not understand how deer become educated to that process VERY quickly, and will change their behavior around that area of "disturbance" quickly. That theory "sounds good to type" from those that don't understand deer and how they pay attention to their environment........but in NO WAY reflects any truth of that "daily opportunity" to be some sort of "advantage" when using cams to monitor deer behavior.

Gotta love "expert opinions/facts" though.........

Next.... cool [/b]
Simply don't entirely buy your explanation Dew. I would agree that some deer modify their behavior but during the rut I would argue that many bucks, including some mature bucks, overlook or ignore intrusion, even daily intrusion. Certainly not worth arguing about but your absolute approach simply doesn't hold true all the time. There are too many guys that hunt small woodlots almost daily and kill some very nice bucks in those very small woodlots. The other point I would make is that I follow a couple of outfitters in Kentucky and during deer season they run a lot of hunters through their operation and have guys in the stands and woods almost daily and their clients harvest a goodly number of nice bucks, some B&C. Certainly some bucks, possibly a lot of bucks, change behavior but not all of them and not all of the big matures. [/b]
Dave,

Two things....

First, with all due respect, both of your scenarios are anecdotal at best. Big bucks become extremely nomadic during certain periods of the rut. Unless your small wood lots guys are killing big bucks in the same small wood lots where they have been capturing the those deer on trail cams....it doesn't mean squat.

Same holds true with your outfitter friends. *IF* they are killing some mature RESIDENT bucks, I would bet the house they go to extremes to minimize human intrusion in their hunt areas.

Second, I know you are a master of debate, but are you seriously debating Dew regarding mature buck behavior? Kind of like bringing a knife to a gun fight...isn't it? smile

There are none so blind as those who will not see.