Originally posted by jbwhttail:
jjas:

Check your data man, Indiana license revenue is UP, PR monies are UP! IDNR is flush with PR money, buying land with it as fast as they can. Thank Obama for the PR money his anti gun agenda is causing folks to buy guns and ammo at record rates.

The gloom and doom of people leaving hunting just isn't true. Becoming an Outdoors Woman filled in less that 5 hours. Individual license sales are down for deer,why, just could be because people are buying land and no longer need a license. Want proof? Over 50% of deer taken are by landowners in Indiana.

Yes the landscape of deer hunting is changing.....

Someone said when was the last time you saw a person who could afford to go on expensive outfitted hunts at the state house or DNR meetings just as good a question is, when do you see the "brown and downer" at either place?
I don't disagree that things aren't too bad in Indiana right now but it is changing.

I know a guy in Texas that hunted his whole life and finally quit as he couldn't afford the leasing rates anymore. Same thing with a friend I have in Iowa. He's in his early 50s and has never had issues finding land. He had to start leasing a few years back and now he can't afford that as he's been priced out. Same thing with a friend of mine that lives in Illinois.

The point is, what's happened in Texas and Iowa and Illinois is starting to happen here. There will be a lot of hunters on the outside looking in as they can't compete for properties.

And those dollars you're talking about coming in from gun sales and what not. A lot of that money was spent on ARs and pistols, not sporting arms. And the people spending the majority of that money?

White guys over 40....

How long do you figure that will last?