I think you are taking this to a bit of an extreme Paul in saying that there was an insinuation that those who wish for fair chase trophy bucks are the cause for high fence farming. My point is or was that regardless of fenced farming or fair chase trophy pursuit, both have contributed to a significant affect on the sport of deer hunting. Some possibly good and certainly some possibly bad. Whether I like it or agree with it or not, neither the trophy guy or the maximum opportunity guy is any better or worse then the other, until they unreasonably try to impose their will on the other (of course this is where subjectivity comes into play) or either does do in the manner to harm the resource. I think the foundation of wildlife management was based neither on the production of trophy deer or enabling maximum opportunity. Instead it was about the resource and the personal accomplishment of deer hunting is simply an outcome of the resource management. Too often I think today's hunters put their personal intended accomplishment and satisfaction on front of the resource. Hunting in the most sterile situation, man against deer, was undoubtedly more challenging before trail cameras, species specific food plots, mineral sups, deer farms and such.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"