Originally posted by dominator:
All I have to say is be careful what you wish for!
I am a hunter, my son is a hunter, my father and my grandfather. I don't post here much but read and visit almost daily.
I read all these posts against other "hunters". Whether we like it or not, people who go to preserves are "hunters". Over 50% of the people in this country are anti-hunting. United we stand and divided we fall. When you alienate the rest of the so called hunters,then our numbers as hunters get even smaller. Can we withstand a charge from PETA/HSUS or whoever when they destroy deer farming then come after us? As long as animals are not being abused and regulations are followed, if someone wants to hunt in a pen then let them, that doesn't mean I have to.
It doesn't matter if we agree with hunting in a preserve or not. We are destroying ourselves by supporting this "anti-hunting" expose. Not to mention that he says our wild deer are infected with disease from the penned deer. Now we are going to have people that will not hunt because of that.
Plain and simple the research facilities in Colorado and Wyoming were responsible for initially spreading CWD from their research pens. Whether we like it or not CWD is here to stay regardless of how it got here. I'm sure if they looked hard enough it is here too.
You are in the industry so your position is motivated by money. It is disingenuous to put forth the argument that we all need to stand to together as sportsmen, whose motivation is to protect the resource and the tradition of hunting, when yours is tied to you pocketbook. I'm curious, since you are for shooting domesticated farmed wildlife for vanity purposes,
does the same logic apply to horses. Is it OK to hunt them too in an enclosure? Would you stand with those that would want to do that. If you really care about hunting you would stand together with the ethical sportsmen who oppose this.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."

THEODORE ROOSEVELT