Welcome back. Certainly agree with what you've said. Your question on ethics is a good one. I think we've enter into, and maybe it was that way always, the era when ethics is what's in each person mind. Frankly, I like the purist idealism. I do think all the technology and baiting and such takes away from the fundamentals of woodsmanship and the "one on one" of man against deer. But its not just about deer. You see it in fishing also.

Many years ago, probably 15, a major corporation offered me a Texas deer hunt for free. I was negotiating a contract with them on behalf of a local major health system. They had a "spot" open on the hunt that included numerous physicians from across the country. They gave me pictures of the big bucks taken from the place to be hunted. I called the place and to buy a hunt the cost was just a little over $5,000 for five days. I went to the compliance office where I worked and told them of the situation and we immediately severed negotiations with the company that offered me the hunt, "with no ties" to the outcome of the negotiations. My point is, we've been there for a while and we will see more and more of this in the future.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"