1. I don't buy into the property rights thing much because that in itself is merely a social attitude in my opinion. Heck, there is a lot of things that a property owner can't do so my opinion of this being a property owner rights issue is that it's not.

2. The disease issue is huge in my opinion and it puts significant risk to an Indiana resource

3. The potential cost of clean up if disease is found should be entirely on the operators and the state of Indiana shouldn't pay a dime in any manner to replace animals or property and operators should have to post significant liability insurance to cover themselves and the state.

4. If these animals are to be considered "farmed" then they need to be tagged so as to monitor them for the disease issue.

5. If not considered a farmed animal, then the entire operation and land should be taxed at business rates.

6. I am very much against the privatization of wildlife and most of these operators continue to suggest that these captive deer are "wildlife".

7. Any deer harvested in Indiana for sport purposes should be under the direction of the DNR as to the rules and regulations, which these operators do not wish to do.

8. I'm not in favor of penned hunting or training whereas the animal or birds are unable to escape the property. In essence, I believe every aspect of wildlife should be fair chase.

Just my way of thinking. And still, in my opinion, this issue could have been dealt with years ago if there had been a push to engage the non hunting public but everyone was afraid of doing so.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"