I took this buck on October 25th with a crossbow. The wind shifted while I was in the stand, blowing from behind me, so that my downwind side was directly in front of me. I put down a good amount of scent to help mask my own, including a few sprays of buck bomb Doe P and some solid stick estrus. Then I proceeded to make a ruckus, doing a combination of grunts, doe bleats & some rattling sequences. About 15 minutes later, the deer walked out of the brush directly in front of me and stopped about 18 yards away. I shot him, then he trotted a few feet in an arc back towards the trees. I made a "maa" sound, he stopped and tipped over. He died within 20 yards of where I was sitting.
This is first animal I've shot with a mechanical head (Rage). I thought it was all hype until this hunt.
Now that I have my buck for the year, I might have to chase some does with my muzzleloader, or go back to pursuing varmints.

Attached Files
front102519small.jpg (82 downloads)
side102519small.jpg (82 downloads)

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching. Even when doing the wrong thing is legal."--Aldo Leopold