My brother and I have been deer hunting ever since there have been deer in Indiana. We always bad mouthed crossbows and fought to keep them out of archery season. In 2006 my brother got hurt in an accident and lost one of his legs and mangeled the other one. He was confined to a wheel chair for the rest of his life. It took him about a year to heal up, then he got a handicaped minnivan and was ready to deer hunt again. One of our hunting spots had a lane going through it and he would park in the lane, open both side doors and hunt. The first year he hunted with a ML, but he wanted to bow hunt. In 2008 I bought him the best crossbow I could find a 10 Point Pro Fusion with all the bells and whistles. When I gave it to him he laughed and said "I didn't think we would ever hunt with one of these things". He managed to shoot a couple of deer with it. In 2010 he passed away and I got the crossbow back. Then the DNR made it legal for everyone to hunt with one. I'm 64 years old and had just about given up on climbing trees and bow hunting. This year I changed my hunting style and hunted more out of ground blinds with the crossbow. Its not the same, but I'm still out there hunting. I'm pretty hard headed, but now I realize there is a place for the crossbow