Originally posted by pav:
Jeff,

What is stupid is the fact they promote a "kill all you can" philosophy among hunters and have the gall to call it "deer management".

..and before anyone chimes in about individual choices, I am confident the majority of deer hunters in this or any state greatly rely on DNR established season lengths and bag limits to assist them with those choices.
That is correct..... We ALL look for established quotas set by the state and government to weigh heavy on our choices..... ESPECIALLY if you are the type that doesn't want to think for yourself or be responsible for the result of what you choose.

As long as it is advertised "there is plenty"..... People will then look straight to the limit, and proceed. I have yet to be fishing with a Walleye fisherman on the Maumee River in Ohio and the limit is set for 4 Walleye..... And someone says next to me "I'm going to purposefully set the limit less for me because I'm going to be more responsible to the resource than what the State of Ohio says I need to be"...........LOL!!!!!!!

I see morons saying here daily it's ALL about "individual choices"...... What a convenient errant thought that just gives no consideration at all for the WHOLE PICTURE.

Site Administrator
www.indianaoutdoorsman.proboards.com

"Never argue with an idiot.....they will beat you with experience every time"