Originally posted by jjas:
Originally posted by Cody.Query:
[b] This is funny to me as I see the same argument that is numbers are down guys say dnr can reign in the kills by lowering bonus antlerless. Which is it?

Also based on your numbers above 4.6 percent of hunters kill 4plus deer. For ease of math and without looking at exact numbers let's assume 100k hunters in indiana hunt and kill 100k deer. In that scenario 4.6 k hunters kill a minimum of 16.4percent of the deer at a minimum using only 4 deer as the bottom which isn't. Seems significant to me.
One thing I'm not sure of is if this data includes the urban deer harvest and the harvest from draw hunts in state parks. I think it does, but I would imagine someone on here would know for sure.

It would be interesting to see the total number of deer killed in these parks and urban areas and how that factors in to the total harvest data. [/b]
I thought I read that they weren't included somewhere but I could be wrong. I was once before smile .

"Form your own thoughts, instead of quoting another's original insight."-Cody Query