Originally posted by ParkerBow:
Originally posted by Steiny:
[b] Pretty sad situation. I've got 140 acres of awesome habitat, cover and food plots. Ought to have 30 or more deer in these plots every evening right now, but there are only a few using them. It's by far the best food and cover in the neighborhood, but the deer just aren't here. I can provide habitat and protect a few, but soon as they step off the property, one of the neighbors whacks them regardless of size.

Reducing bag limits, dropping the late doe firearms season, and shortening the firearms and muzzle loader seasons would do wonders. With (45) days of firearms hunting, these deer don't get a break.
Boys I have been whining about my low deer sightings for years but everyone just thinks i am a big tit bag. I have said it many times before, I spend more hours in a deer stand every season than most even care too and i only see a handful of deer. Now I hear the same stuff from a bunch of others. Sad situation but all the state cares about is the revenue deer tags produce. Welcome to my deer hunting world. [/b]
I'm with you guys! I work harder than most to improve our farm for wildlife and deer. Spent hours working, and $1000's to not kill a deer, and have neighbors reap the benefits. I'm over it. They are all singing the blues this year though, Only a couple of them have killed a deer in the 4 square mile block. They think I have them all "hiding" on our place. :rolleyes: