This needs to be addresses and we as hunters need to wake up! From my perspective Last year was the worst season from a deer sightings point of view. I hunt Franklin county and I know there was an EHD outbreak. I did all i could. No does shot. I wrote the DNR. I am already hearing this from others and have cams out to confirm my worries for this year.

What this tells me, with the liberal doe tags and shrinking deer numbers, is that the DNR's policies are not our friend. The insurance lobby is winning this battle. I can only do so much but when I try to introduce new hunters and they lose interest in hunting because they don't see deer I get concerned. I am already worried about how my son will take to hunting in the next few years if there are no deer to see to keep him interested in hunting.

I know this might not be the case everywhere and I need to track down my neighbors to see what they are doing but I am concerned that this great sport will be on the decline and our DNR policies will be supporting its demise.

Sorry to vent so early in the season but ......