I'm just giving you a hard time on the trout Dave. I would love to have that experience of doing what you and your wife did, and catch a nice brown or rainbow. It just seems funny to me, that there is this "mystic" about the wary trout, and all the hype that goes with catching them. I'm sure there are instances where they are tough to catch, and there is a lot that goes into catching them. My only experience with them got ruined on Pathfinder Reservoir in Wyoming fishing for them. A buddy of mine, and I went out and stayed with friends and deer hunted. The guys wife that we stayed with was a trout fishing fanatic. After we got our deer, she offered to take us "trouts" fishing the rest of our stay. We didn't take any gear to fish, but she said she had enough to supply us all. Thoughts of casting flyrods with dryflies, or nymphs, depending on the "hatch" crossed my mind. Or lightweight spinning gear with small spinners since we were beginner trouts fishermen. No, actually we used heavy gear with carolina rigs, and bottom fished with corn, night crawlers, and Berkly power bait. That's where I coined the term "rainbow carp"! :p We caught the heck out of 2 to 5 lb rainbows. But, forever ruined my perception of the mysterious trout, and how to catch them!!!!! laugh I will have to dig out an old picture of that fishing trip....Good fun, and memories!

GOOD LORD this weather has got to straighten up around here so I will get off this darn computer and go fishing!!! :rolleyes: laugh