First I hope that this deer was found, as with all deer. I actually find the discussion fairly interesting and not directed at anyone. Most guys who visit these types of hunting sites are guys that give it their all in regarding to hunting, shooting and recovery of game. I personally have told a number of guys, if not a lot, over the years that maybe they shouldn't be bowhunting. However, it's not the type of guys who live and breathe deer hunting like folks here. My ex wife did taxidermy for a few years and I can assure you that if listened to the stories of some of the guys that brought heads in to be mounted, most on here would have told them that they maybe shouldn't be bow hunting. The gentleman this year that I said it to is a nice guy but he gets a new crossbow and takes it to the woods with no practice and proceeds to stick two deer that are both shot late in the evening and not recovered with little effort extended the next day to recover them. Yep, I suggested that maybe he shouldn't be bow hunting. Nothing personal towards him but I do believe all sportsmen, including myself, need perspective at times whether they appreciate it or not. My point isn't specific to Famlly's situation but a general perspective on not only bow hunting but hunting in general. Heck, forget deer and lets talk about duck hunting and the discussion can really interesting in regard to the types of shots creating wounding loss. When it bothers someone that a loss happened, that speaks highly of them. A lot of guys out there couldn't care less and when I see that attitude I usually say something, whether I should or not. And the anti's, well that's another situation that isn't what it seems in my opinion.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"