We found this odd for a beaver to be in this location. This is a tile ditch, that other than right where the beaver is at, is only 3" to 4" deep! You can step across it anywhere. This spot has a 30" tile coming out, and the beav. has dug a den RIGHT under the tile! In addition, it has chewed about 2' off the bottom of the tile. Its about 5' deep right there and a BEAR to get a 330 in the den. So, with both of us working at it in knee boots, and trying not to fall in, we got the 330 set. We also put in a steel trap at his attempt at a new dam. Farmer dug out the old dam last week. Tracks says its a large beav.
As you can see, the ditch is very small. It is also about a 1/2 mile off a road in the middle of corn fields, and not even close to a major tributary.
[Linked Image]

Here is Dad, who is almost 70 setting a 330 by hand! He wanted me to climb back up the bank, and walk back to the truck to get his setters. I told him "by the time I did that....just to let me have it, and I'll show you how NOT to be a sissy, and I'll set it by hand". laugh I knew he still had it in him. Might have been a little grunting, groaning, and few choice words, but I didn't have to climb out of there to fetch the setters!!! laugh
[Linked Image]

Creeks are still froze, so we didn't much set in the way of water sets. Hopefully, it will thaw out with the warmer temps next week. I'm basically working DP's, a couple bucket sets, and a couple coyote sets for now.