Here you go Gilley. This is what I try to do when tying off higher than the loop. I actually like to (if I can) get the snare tied off as high as I can on a 5' snare.

You have to get the main cable turned toward the wammy, at the same height or a tad lower than the lock. I use baling wire or small vine to wrap it to hold it in place. DO NOT wrap it tight with the wire. You really just want the cable tucked in where it can be pulled out very easily. If not, you negate the effect of tying off high. Typically, I use the tag end of the wire that I have wrapped around the tree to slid the cable behind. If it was tight a that point, it would essentially be the tie off point until the coyote lunges against it. That could allow him to slip through. The high tie off actually helps the lock slide down the cable a lot quicker, thus closing right behind the head. This first picture is about how I like them. You want to keep the locks at 1:00, and when the snare is the other direction, 11:00. If you put the lock right on top @ 12:00, you stand a chance of the wind, or a small critter bumping the snare, and "firing it" and closing the loop.

[Linked Image]

If you are still having trouble, go ahead and bring a loop on down a little bit. I went to a little stiffer 1x19 cable, and pre loaded them as I made them. It holds a more circular loop, vs. a more teardrop shaped loop the the 7x7 has. Hope this helps! Get another one!!!

[Linked Image]