Originally posted by HS Strut:
Gundude,
you make such a good point about people taking advantage of landowners. I TOTALLY understand someone not wanting to allow hunters AT ALL after such an event.

Here's my rub, Now I'm not speaking of You Gundude, but MANY landowners have complained of this type of thing happening. So what do they do? LEASE OUT THE LAND To a broker. So what they're saying is: I'll put up with that same guy hunting here if he PAYS ME. When a landowner leases he loses that person to person deal. That handshake. It's now a business. So My son and I can't get permission, but it's fine and dandy for my son and I to hunt all we want if we PAY. These landowners know nothing and DON'T CARE who's hunting if they are getting PAYED.
HS Strut - I understand what you are trying to say, but certainly don't agree. I lease land to hunt on. Been on the same lease for over 10 years. We made a point to get to know the landowner right away. They know that we take care of the place like it was our own. They DO CARE who's hunting and what takes place, even though they are getting paid. If we don't respect the land, they will non-renew the lease and find someone who will respect it. Getting paid has nothing to do with what they will accept as far as how the hunters treat their land.

Not trying to be argumentative, I'm just seeing it different.