Day 6 man we can't buy a break. It started out 30 degrees with a sprinkle so we both went to the blind. By the time the sun was up it was a cold rain all morning long. With that said about 8 we look out the side window to see 2 jakes just feeding away from us so we watch them. Then from the fence row right next to us we hear a loud cluck. And we have heard toms come up behind us putt at the decoy and come running in. We heard this and thought oh yes, well it was just a hen clucking. She fed across the field to the 2 jakes, and we are watching them and you could tell the attitude of the jakes changed for a reason. I look out the back and 2 strutters behind us, 2 more jakes with 3 hens. They meet up Chase each other then wonder up in the woods in the rain. We sit in the blind till 130 before the cold wetness took its toll. Dad tried to tell me it was the turkey farm I put out. I just thought I would try something different for the birds to look at. [Linked Image]
How sad is this 7 hours south in Tenn. On a spring turkey hunt and the weather finally took its toll. Staying warm and napping [Linked Image]