Day 3 started out foggy but the birds were still gobbling around us, we had a hen calling on the edge of the field but couldn't see her.
[Linked Image]
Shortly after we heard her fly down I seen a bird through the fog. She was answering us and a bird gobbled on the edge of the woods but we couldn't see it. The hen took off that way. Then we saw a bird in strut through the fog. It ended up being 2 hens and 2 jakes. Nothing really happened they just wondered off into the woods. Then about 1000 I looked out and saw 6 hens and a long beard coming in to the field. They came across but no closer than 50 yds. my dad was thinking about shooting him but we let him go.
[Linked Image]
Then about hour and a half later my dad was calling and now would be a good time to say that there was some logging activity going on down the ridge aways making noise. When he was calling we heard this sssccccrrrggggggh. Ah no big deal must have been the loggers. Then I heard it again and look out the window oh my. Big Tom strutting headed right to pretty boy. I get the bow up arrow on draw get a hole and let it fly, and got some really nice breast feathers he jumps and runs across the field and up in to the woods. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. So strike one for me I guess. Hunted till about 430 and didn't have anything else.