Originally posted by jbwhttail:
When people hunt with a specific herd management goal "every" property in a given area will improve. The biggest roadblock to hunters is ..... themselves! Hunters are unwilling to change! They(you and I) refuse to move to where deer are. EHD...... no problem "I" continue to hunt that county. Too many antlerless permits...... I still hunt......... it goes on and on.

When you continue to do the same thing and expect a different result......... insanity!
This is probably true for the majority but not the entirety. I know since my Dad's place has been hit by EHD we haven't take an antlerless deer in 6 years. Yet the poplulation hasn't rebounded. The neighbors have taken care of that. As they fall in the group you mention. We'd love to manage that area and be able to hunt it more often but that opportunity no longer exists there.

I hunt 3 states and several different counties so I have moved and changed the way I do things. To tell everyone that is all they need to do is impractical in my opinion. Quite frankly it can be rather expensive and a huge consumption of time. IMO not many who deer hunt can offer that type of investment.

Many guys who would like to manage the resource and their hunting opportunity will have to rely on the direction of those proposing legislation. It shouldn't be too much to ask to expect those who are paid to monitor the resource to do just that.

"Form your own thoughts, instead of quoting another's original insight."-Cody Query