I won't enter the deer woods without my grunt tube. I don't do much blind grunting, but if I see a buck I generally don't think twice about whether or not to get on the grunt tube. If it is the last week of October through the gun opener, when I get on that grunt tube I get on it aggressive. I have found over the years I get a lot of positive reactions out of aggressive grunts. Long loud grunts (like a breeding grunt). Short aggressive pops work well too. I get bucks to come in and most of the time come in grunting back.

My thoughts on loud vocalizations changed several years back when I watched a very frustrated mature buck dog a doe hard one morning. He was all over her and she just would not quite give it up yet. He grunted so loud, long, and hard that it sounded like a semi truck jake braking. I watched him with that doe for a couple hours that morning and every time he would let loose with a grunt like that other bucks came in running to him. That sealed it for me and it changed the way that I call to deer.

I'm never scared to let it rip on a grunt tube.

Doe calls, I gave up on though. I don't even do it anymore.

I've rattled in a few bucks (killed one nice one years ago), but anymore I don't even take the rattling horns into the woods.

Derek
New Day Outdoors Productions - It's a New Day in the Outdoors
Magnus Broadheads
Take a child hunting.
Wear a safety harness at all times ... TRUST ME!