Originally posted by BRICH60:
I`m siding with Cody as it pertains to my hunting area. I have owned my 80 acres for 20 years now and therefore I have somewhat of a history to relate to. I have seen a general decline in the deer numbers on my property over the last several years despite property improvements such as foodplots and habitat improvement.It is my opinion that disease and years of liberal doe permits have made this happen.
I am siding with cody also. I too have seen a major decline in deer numbers since 2007. I have hunted for 30 years and the last 5 years have been the least amount of sightings ever for me. I usually see 1 deer for every 6 or 7 sits. I went 11 times in a row without seeing a deer. I too have food plots water holes thick brush and the deer simply are not around. I also hunt several different areas of the county and it is the same result. I know alot of you guys on here think all I do is gripe about not seeing any deer but when a person puts in all that time and effort on stands, foodplots and everything else i do for deer hunting and then don't see much it is disheartening. They always say take a kid hunting, well if I took a kid hunting thye would lose interst in no time cause they would not see anything.