Originally posted by Hunt N Nut:
I saw about the same number of deer I have seen the last 5 or so years. Not as many as 15 or so years ago. No there is not an "over abundance" of deer. The state and most landowners do not want that. There probably never will be, so now that you will have to actually hunt for deer, I guess it would be a good time to learn how to do it (not you personally, but the guys complainting because they are only seeig 3-5 deer per set rather than the 20 they used to see).

Ohio, huh? I thought that was the promise land.
Great the guys can't hunt crowd joined in. I'm not talking about complaining or seeing 3-5 deer per set, that number is laughable. Two guyts I referenced
have a wall full of deer. One saw deer on five sits this year. That hunter hunts almost daily on different properties. Another saw 3 deer all year. On the best property I ever hunted 10 years ago we would drive 1 mile spotlighting and see over 100 deer in the fields from Sept to Dec, now we are lucky to see one. Now tell me a newbie being introduced to the sport would enjoy those situations. I wouldn't but I'm a diehard guy that would stick it out not sure a new guy would.
I'm not saying every area is down, heck some of my areas are not but I do believe that is the trend and I'm not nieve enough to think it couldn't spread to my good hunting areas.

I just hope the ones that are seeing fewer numbers offer up there opinions. In the end it won't effect me much ill just move areas or states for that matter but I don't think everyone has the bug as bad as me.

As for Ohio, I killed my buck in less than an hour of hunting this year but it does appear almost all areas are down in numbers statewide. Their management is still great for big bucks though.

"Form your own thoughts, instead of quoting another's original insight."-Cody Query