Originally posted by THROBAK:
sorry the weapon has every thing to do with the state of the herd If it was Archery only the season would be 12 monthes a year and sharpshooters used in every county With HPR the next thing you will see is a shorter season My friend is the Deer Bioligist for a military refuge in OKLA and we have gone over this for years and to reach management Goals you have to adjust seasons , weapons, and doe kills to reach those goals. But the Main thing that is striven for is Hunter use and days in the field ..How do we reach our goals and keep hunter use days at the Max without a over kill and what is looked at is and in this order more deer are killed quicker and in this order HPR,Shot gun, MZL,compound and Xbow , Longbows and re curves the longer seasons can be for the smallest harvest or Hours hunted for each deer killed Hope this makes since the Question should be DO WE WANT TO GIVE UP DAYS AFIELD FOR ANOUTHER WEAPON TO BE USED I DONT
Couldn't have said it better Dale! I do NOT want to give up my time in the field because a few want to make it easy for themselves! And YES the weapons use has ALL the impact in the world on the herd Trapper Dave!!!