Well the Bryan, You and I are on the same page. I didn't kill a deer last year and it looks like I won't this year either. I too have a LTL.

I don't care what anybody kills. I don't care what they kill it with. None of my business.

I personally will drop a fawn in a heartbeat as long as it isn't a button buck. My preference. LTL, no cost to me, easier drag. To me, there's no macho rating for taking a 2 yr old doe as opposed to the fawn standing next to it.

I do think as a whole, we've taken too many does in the last few years. I feel like EHD has worsened the situation where I hunt, so since my deer sightings are way down, I'm really not upset about not killing a doe. I'm kinda looking for something with about 130" of bone on it's head. I love taking does and love eating them. But I'm just not seeing many. Hardly any shots on opening day of firearms tells me we better lay off a little regardless of what the DNR says.

I brought up Illinois because I personally believe the gun season thing is a little overstated on here. If you FILL every woods in the state on July 4th, you will kill a ton of deer regardless of the rut. That's what happens on the firearm opener here and in our surrounding states. The woods are stuffed with hunters. Deer get smart real quick, hence the drop off as the week goes on. I just get sick of hearing about moving or shortening the gun season.