I had heard that HBOs series was doing a short segment on the mainstream movement to eat only what you kill. I finally got to sit down and watch it this weekend and I must say I was impressed and encouraged. HBO and Bryant Gumbel followed Steven Rinella (TVs The Meat Eater)around his home in Brooklyn and on a hog hunt. Rinella's show is one of my favorites because he literally eats most of every animal he kills. His show demonstrates different ways to prepare liver, heart, tongue and even tails. Of course, he also eats the good parts!
Gumbel is clearly not an outdoorsman and was obviously not in his element, but credit for going anyway and not shying away from the reality of death and field dressing. Gumbel even tried and liked a piece of fried heart.
At the end, Gumbel reminded his audience that of all the antibiotics produced in this country, 70% of them are not used on humans. That is a staggering figure if true.
I have been on the fence for a while regarding only eating and feeding my family wild game that I have harvested. I haven't quite jumped yet, but I am certainly heading that way.
Just a good piece with a clear and encouraging turn of direction for a normally liberal leaning show.

Chief Operating Officer
American Hunting Lease Association