Originally posted by jjas:
Let's look @ antlered harvest data. From 2004/2011 the average antlered harvest was 51,000 antlered bucks. During the three seasons prior to the reg change season of 2012, the antlered harvest averaged 52,000 antlered bucks.

So using your own yardstick of antlered buck harvest numbers as an indicator of herd decline, the numbers don't show that over the previous 8 years. It's only in 2012 after the regs changes occurred that antlered harvest numbers dropped.
No offense, but there always seems to be a point where your logic leaves me shaking my head in wonder. We've reached that point with the comments above.

I'm very curious to hear....what you think happened as a direct result of the 2.0 rules changes in 2012 that drove the antlered harvest down by 5,000+ animals in 2012?

Antlered deer hunting opportunity actually increased in 2012 versus 2011, but thousands fewer antlered deer were killed.

I look at that and it tells me the herd was in decline before the 2.0 rules ever went into effect. i.e There were fewer bucks available following the 2011 season.

You apprently see something totally different?

There are none so blind as those who will not see.