I made a trip to Alaska in June to hunt Brown Bear. This was a guided hunt because, by Alaska law, a guide is required for non-residents to hunt brown bear or grizzly bear. The hunt area was along the Cook Inlet region in southern Alaska. My group was the first of the year to hunt, since the pandemic restrictions caused Alaska Fish & Game to close the bear season to non-residents through the end of May. But it opened back up on June 1st to NR's. Lucky for me that was the first scheduled day of my hunt.

We were flown into a huge river bottom area by Super Cub bush plane, where we set up a tent camp. This was a baited hunt, and the bait site was located about a mile away from camp, on the opposite side of the river. We had to wade the river each day in chest waders to get to the stand. It doesn't look like much of a crossing in this pic, but the braided stream had about 6 crossings, each spanning about 10-40 yards wide, with swift water waist deep and higher. The racing water would shift the stream bottom every day, forcing us to move further upstream or downstream to find a crossable spot.

[Linked Image]

--------------------