I'm going to echo Delany's sentiments and add to it and say he is right that it isn't so much the seasons or weapons but the lack of hunter education and self entitlement...

I've been reading this site long before I started posting and I've noticed that same people who consistently complain every year the most about not seeing deer everytime they go out shoot multiple deer a then complain when their neighbors and everyone else does it too... All I can say is don't shoot multiple deer then complain about others doing it or not seeing deer because that is biggest problem I see with the herd being decimated like it has because everybody thinks everyone else is the problem and not themselves...

My buddy saw 8 deer the other night and one was the doe that I let walk one the fourth day of gun season and she had her fawn with her... I can't begin to say how excited I was to hear that because now we might have up to four more deer added to the herd in the area...

Another issue that is not reported and I think the DNR should make it mandatory to report and that is deer that were shot and lost... This is my major issue with bow hunting and why I am not a major proponent of it... It seems every year guys post on her that they shot multiple deer and for whatever reason couldn't recover it... One poster posted that he shot three or four bucks and lost all but one and another shot 6 deer and only recovered four of them... That is another major issue with our herd being decimated, the lack of responsibility when hunting.... I understand things can happen but doesn't mean one should go out and continue shooting deer every chance they get...

If you set a goal of 2 deer for the year and shoot and injure one can't recover it for whatever reason, then you should only shoot one more deer and not hurt future seasons for yourself...

Jeff V pointed out that his neighbor shot two does with his crossbow and that he preferred he would have done it with a bow... To me this makes no sense because two dead does is two dead does regardless of the means to take them... I would have been more happy if would have let them walk or just taken one instead...

Guys we have a responsibility to manage our herd responsibly and we need to take a good long look at ourselves and change are own habits and if everyone would do that, then our herd will be better off...