Originally posted by Jeff Valovich:
I fought like crazy to keep the things out of archery seasons ... youth and handicapped were fine... I remember the IBA fighting against them as most state archery organizations did and many "deer" hunting organizations... the lobbying for them won out, in other words...MONEY....still dosnt mean I like 'em in archery....they should still be in the gun seasons IMO.... if YOU dont like that I dont like 'em....I'll still sleep good tonight....
Well I don't care what you like or don't like that is your prerogative cause it doesn't bother me any and I do hope you get a good nights sleep... I hope everyone sleeps good at night...

Still didn't answer my question though... Since they have been legalized in archery season, have you seen anyone using one?

But like I said earlier 6% harvest tells me that most hunters still are not using crossbows and they are really a non factor... Kind of reminds me of when handguns were allowed in State Parks... The anti-gun community whined and cried about "wildwest shootouts" and the parks will "run red with blood" turned to be not true and much ado about nothing...

I remember reading where the IBA also complained and fought tooth and nail when the compound bow first came on the scene saying "it was going to ruin archery hunting"... Turned out to be not true and the best thing that could have happened for them because most hunters went to using them... Otherwise the organization would have faded away along time ago...

I don't own a crossbow and don't plan on buying one in the foreseeable future, but, I do know that I am not getting any younger and that one day I may not be able to pull back my bow and may have to switch to due aging and I will be thankful that crossbows were legal so that I can get out and still hunt in October... And I'm pretty sure the people that don't like them today will be thankful too...