They aren't ruining my bowhunting. I still do what I have always done. Are they threatening my bowhunting? In other words, will my opportunity to bowhunt be reduced or eliminated? Not in Indiana. I can't imagine we will back off the seasons in any way because of them. Will the mix of which season people kill their deer change? Maybe a little. But I doubt the overall kill will be changed much. Over the next 20-30 years, which realistically are my remaining years, fewer hunters will be in the woods. I expect we will have 30-50% fewer by the end of that time. So I have no worries that they will impact me personally.

My kids (18, 21, and 23 years old now) hunt some but I'm not sure they would without my involvement. And they have been steeped in it their whole lives. Not a single one of their friends hunt. We are Indy suburbanites so that isn't too surprising and I am sure more rural areas have different experiences. But our society is inextricably becoming more urban.

In short, our entire hunting tradition is threatened. Crossbows play no part in that.