Friday evening I had two does come right by me and stand in front of me for about 5 minutes. I sat there and waited... and waited... and waited for a buck to come in with his head down and tail up following them, but that sight never occurred. The first doe finally caught whiff of my scent as she had circled downwind. She blows and runs off. The other doe doesn't mind what her girlfriend is saying and stands in front of me, broadside, for about another minute. Finally deciding there was no buck coming in I sent an arrow right through her pump station as I have some relatives who want the meat. I shot her at about 6:40 and let it get dark before I started tracking. Less than an hour after shooting her, my buddies and I heard a coyote start howling about 50 yrds from us. We attempted to scare them off and about an hour later we found my deer mauled and torn up. Very upsetting. Looking forward to getting out and busting those yotes after deer season. Saturday morning, had a 2.5 yr 7 point run right by me with his nose up a doe. Later on, two more does. Nothing Sat night and didn't make it out yesterday.

"The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know."