Originally Posted by DEC
Are we really still debating if crossbows should be used to hunt with this time of the year or if they are or are not "archery" or whatever you want to call it? Really? Who gives a chit. So what, the dude shot it with a crossbow ... more power to the dude, it was his choice. At the end of the day, he was deer hunting. Assuming he had a legal tag for his weapon and season of choice, who really gives two chits?

As to scoring it on a P&Y vs a B&C paper ... LOL ... what a petty bunch of petty 7th grade girls we have here. I don't know for a fact, but I am willing to bet that the dude knew a P&Y scorer who used a score sheet simply to get a reference point as to its size for the guy, should he elect to have an official score by whichever organization it qualifies for down the road. The process is the same so who gives a crap what paper an unofficial green score is done on. We as hunters cannot seem to help ourselves when it comes to cannibalizing our own collective. Lord help us.

CONGRATS to the dude who shot this deer!

I did congratulate the hunter. I could care less what weapon was used as long as it is legal. I also pointed out the deer is NOT eligible for entry in P&Y records even though there is a P&Y score sheet posted online. I have serious doubts an official P&Y scorer filled out a green score sheet for a crossbow kill to get plastered all over in internet. More likely, the guy or a friend printed off a P&Y score sheet from the internet. Could have just as easily printed off the B&C score sheet instead....and actually used the correct form for which the animal complies. You seem to be under the assumption that everybody on the internet sees the P&Y form and automatically knows the deer doesn't qualify due to the weapon used. That's not real world IMO.
I must say...coming from you....the insult was rather disappointing.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.