When I had good private, I would do various plots... clover of course, usually Whitetail Institute or MossyOak Biologic which had Chicory in it and mix in some Alfalfa at times .. I would lime and fertilize as needed... those would be my year round plots... they would of course go dormate after the first heavy frosts... still, deer would dig thru the snow in Feb./March to feed on it .... the "Kill Plots" were Rape, Forage Turnip by Evolved Habits....I'd set stands either over them or around them 50-100 yds away on trails ... the idea was to pull in the Does, and the bucks would follow... it worked for 18 years .... now it is back to state lands, no more plots and hunting is tougher for sure.... the state dosnt consider food plots "baiting" ... but yet, using minerals are ... go figure ... actually, I'm glad minerals and dumping "bait" is considered baiting..... hunting over food plots isnt as easy as one may think and esp. it doing it by hand, it is hard work as I did ... never had a tractor or ATV... push mower and a rake and a roto tiller is all I used along with a 4 gallon back pack sprayer of Gly. I spent many loooong hours in those plots... ...

"Liberalism is a mental disorder"