Did you all see the new Deer Reduction Zone maps? They expanded the Reduction Zones from the urban areas to include several highways 1/2 mile each side of the highway. One of my properties falls in one of these zones. Bow season starts Sept 15th with an earn a buck system, basically allowing for a 2nd buck. Season goes until January 31 too. And if I read it correctly, in locations like mine that are rural with no restrictions, guns are legal for hunting from Nov 17 through Jan 31 ... but I want to talk to my local CO's before I say this with 100% certainty.

I have mixed emotions about it right now to be honest, but it feels better to me than applying huge doe limits across entire counties by targeting specific areas. I do think the CO's are in for a challenge when it comes to policing it. Personally, I'm going to try to shoot a doe early and enjoy the extra gifted opportunity to keep buck hunting. I have no intention of participating in the war on does for my property.

It should be an interesting hunting season hearing how the reduction area hunts work out.

Derek
New Day Outdoors Productions - It's a New Day in the Outdoors
Magnus Broadheads
Take a child hunting.
Wear a safety harness at all times ... TRUST ME!