Originally posted by Bryan78:
I'm not trying to tell anybody how they should hunt nor would I ever do so, and if you and your family consume every deer you harvest, then that is outstanding.

To answer your question jjas. My personal view is four deer per hunter is a God's plenty (even though I would never shoot that many). I prefer to shoot deer that are big enough that all I need is one deer to satisfy my needs.

My comment had more to do with a guy I use to work with who two years ago him and his family went out and shot 8+ deer and wasted all of it by getting summer sausage made out of it. Then this past fall I ran into him at Rural King and asked him how his season was going and listened to him b**** and moan because they only managed to kill a couple. He was too stupid realize that he and his family killed everything off the season before.
While I understand your frustration with situations like you described above, according to the new harvest report less than 1% of deer hunters in the state take more than 4 deer.

I'm sure it would be tough to break down the report when it comes to hunters taking multiples of deer, but it would be nice to know the circumstances in some of these high number yearly harvests.

Are these hunters buying those licenses and hunting multiple counties? Are many of them landowners who feel they have too many deer on their property (or properties) and thinning them out during the season?

I'm definitely curious.