Originally posted by GaryWalters:
All you big mouth keyboard cowards were invited and failed to even show up to the deer summitt to bring hunters and deer enthusiasts together. Not one of you showed or sent a rep with any constructive conversation items. Yet you continue on here with critisism and inuendos. EHD periorbital edema, hemorrahing, hence water seeking behaviour. Pics, videos, boots on the ground bringing these reports with more coming from wild than the deer farms but irrelevant. As is this constant bickering by those that care to do nothing for conservation than bitch. May God help us all as we lose what so many conservationists bleed for. Thanks though Cody for the beacon of hope.
I informed Dave of why I did not make it, and apologized perpetually. I didn't even inform where I was staying intime to get back anything. Life through a curveball and basically blew up in my face late last week and made the Deer Summit not the highest priority; few things outweigh hunting but God and family are most definitely gonna win each time. However, I unlike others have not bickered so your comment may not have been directed at me, but I felt the need to explain at least why I was unable to make it.

As for the EHD, Gary I know in pockets it can be a HUGE factor for herd depletion. I have friends in Kansas, Missouri and Michigan that have seen and found 10 deer to an acre in years past dead along rivers/creeks/ponds (all wild herds)...and I am praying Indiana never experiences it to that degree. I know atleast in my area it has been very quiet for it, and when you think about it even all the suspected cases reported to the DNR it seems like a fairly common year...but I would need to ask for records of reports from years past to state that for certain.

Also Gary, to lead means to gather enemies or those that disagree with you or argue with you at times. You've told me numerous times in our private messages you are a man of faith, I know firsthand when speaking on things of what we care immensely for we can lose our cool...but we must try. Calling others cowards or implying their frauds discredits your goals to an extent.

Blessings and as I told Dave, I pray the Summit brought an understanding to all you went from any stance or opinion.