Back to topic: reports coming from Hamilton and Madison Counties currently. I posted statement from DNR several times yesterday.

Direct quote from DNR Chief in email yesterday, "I contacted most of our field supervisors this afternoon and we have not been receiving reports of EHD in wild deer. Our wildlife science supervisor advised that we have not collected, nor submitted, samples for EHD testing this year."

It is highly possible, they have not even heard about it yet, other than our reports. I was in conversation yesterday with two of the farmers that reported it. One posted the following on his site:

Reply to this topicTopic Moderation
No replies to this topic
#1 Bell

Members
1,067 posts
Posted Today, 11:49 AM
Sadly again we are starting to lose deer again from the EHD virus in Indiana. A gentleman on another forum suggested that deer farmers should take the time to notify the Department of Fish & Wildlife if we are sustaining losses to the virus. I agree. Our deer herds are a "canary in the coal mine" for the virus in the wild herd. We have deer farms all over the state and we can provide important info. Bonus antlerless bag limits are determined by the DNR prior to EHD season. The herd could be devastated in a county by EHD and hunters over harvesting the animals that are left could decimated the herd to the point a rebound could take several years. Please take the time and report any losses to everyone who could be effected. All hunters will appreciate it! Thanks for your time and consideration.

So see with conversation, at least found a common goal to report, WHAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO for the knowledge to be out there that the wild herd may be at risk as well.

The other gentlemen, stated he would put together a video, showing the sick and dead deer w/ symptoms, and show how to remove the spleen to send for testing, and will send to have tested at his expense to confirm or deny. If it does turn out to be something else then the DNR will at least be aware. That is our hope and intent at IWDHM Group. Nothing can stop EHD, except deer building immunity; however, how we harvest after an outbreak, can conserve the herd sensibly.