Just wanted to speak from my heart for a minute as an individual. Thats why I made my screen name my real name. Always had the courage to be upfront and truthful never seeing a need to hide behind a screen name or avatar. I always have and always will be a member of the IDHA at heart. I truly believe in what it once stood for representing my number one passion in life, THE WHITETAIL DEER. Also, respect many many of the good things they continue to do. HRBP, Handicapped Hunt, Archery Programs for Kids, wild game cookout..

I have spent my life in a love affair with whitetail deer, not just hunting but observing , photographing, learning, and just relaxing in their world. Only place felt truely free from the demons in this world. I have no doubts that as long as I am healthy I will get a shot at a mature buck every year until I am dead. No worries there. I cant say that I believe that for my kids and grandkids , nor yours. Deck stacked against them. Not just with deer management but society in general. Scares me for them. I don't think they will experience many of the blessings I have, and my kids have great careers, Things just not the same. I am scared for my country.

I am intelligent enough to know I cant change the world. However also intelligent enough to know if I put all my effort in something I passionately love i may make a small difference for them and the deer. So when I close my eyes for the last time I pray I can at least think I left some wild places and animals for them, not just in a pen somewhere.

Now how its all gonna turn out dont have a crystal ball, but a highly educated guess. I know that the pure in heart hunters will follow our lead and engage for the herd. I think most of the lifetime IDHAers will, know it. I know the selfish people with selfish agendas will continue to be divisive as long as it dont fit there agenda perfectly. There are not a lot of WWII vets left that gave us the example of the whole comes before the one.

So I know those with a pure agenda will do the RIGHT THING no matter how they do it. And the rest will keep on dividing until it is all gone. So the former have my respect, even Joe Bacon, though we dont agree on much., I know he cares about deer and family. And the later you have lost my respect and I don't care much if I ever have your shallow respect that changes with the wind. So I will leave the later with a news clip from one of the biggest liars we all know about one of my HEROS that has the final say. http://youtu.be/tmfkYu4m2jA.