Spelled it out best I could for you guys, had to move on. If you want answers come visit us. But some things there are no answers. Or answers yet. We cannot commit to a detailed structure for every single little issue, season, weapon, these are wild animals in a constantly changing environment. It is fluid not static.

That is one of our main points in filling biologists positions and empowering them to be more fluid in addressing issues. IF EHD hit say Marion county today and killed all but one deer every square mile. What should we do, continue with deer reduction? Kill those last one every square mile, then wait 2-5 years for legislators and management plans to go through the system, or allow trained biologist so assess the situation and say we have to shut her down for xxxx amount of time. Or on the other side of things, for whatever reason three years ago, every doe in Marion County had three fawns, and no one has been hunting because prior to that they stopped seeing deer. Then shouldn't the biologist have the flexibility to say hey we are hitting 15 deer a week on 465 lets increase the permits to 1-2 per hunter to let them deer be utilized instead of wasted on the highway as road kill. That's just two senerio's, sure we could come up with millions and talk about every one, while the bus pulled away.

That just not rational. And really would love to talk back and forth, just not enough hours in the day. Actually hate all this writing only. Downfall of modern society in the works in my opinion. Written word only 10% of communication. Wish there was time for us all to meet and talk and work it all out. That however is why the old groups that attempt that are failing. Our society has changed. People don't all have free evenings every week to meet and discuss issues and make a difference. The Facebook format allows everyone to talk about it all the time but without being a major disruption of work, family, work, work, work, but has its drawbacks of misunderstandings. Heck maybe me and Brew would even be friends in person???? Big??? But you get my point.

Think I did a good job in response to Bacon, and the last three posts that in their entirety are one. We are first attempting to get the biologist positions filled, get bonus county permits and dep tags lowered and not to be used in the summer, promote a deer advisory council in each county to first hand talk to the users of the resource and help them give valuable input such as in Wisconsin. Promote honest dialog with the DNR and all other entities in the game. In our letter to the Governor post, we spelled out our Top 10 Goals as a group and as individuals. Since I stopped posting on here my words have already been perverted about surveys and everything else. Never said anything about a survey, rather first hand input, never said we were not working to reduce permits, never said anything like that. So even if we could come up with all the answers and feel we had a 100% chance of getting everything we wanted dealing with hunters, farmers, legislators, governors, non consumptive users, if we had to change one stance to negotiate another stance that is better overall then those of you that are asking these questions would call us liars and manipulators. We can't win. Already happening on a multitude of issues, because we say we just don't know, don't want to be involved in this or that issue, or just a divisive issue that will never be solved among us. No since going there.

Man we being as honest as we can. Even within our board of directors there is differing opinions. I personally am strictly a bow hunter, crossbows for turkey just my choice, I never ever knock a gun hunter or crossbow hunter, or try to change a season because of a weapon, but if all the entities in the game decided to shorten Gun season you all would say because I was a bow hunter it was our fault. Even though it may be a Governor that decides some day to do it. Even though this first time I ever brought it up or ever want to. I don't care what you hunt with. I was only personally against the HPR because of state of the herd. However posts on our page were 50/50 so we didn't make a stance. But seriously guys, that the point, none of us will win and we will all lose including future generations, if we cannot come together on the basics, we want a healthy huntable population of deer in Indiana, that are hunted in humane ways (no summer dep tags), and we want to protect the hunting tradition. Those are things that are not varying goals, those are foundation goals.

So can you see how much time I have again took up attempting to persuade a handful of people, when we have 10,000 plus that get it, and are just saying man we are not seeing the deer and we want to, we are scared for our resource and want to talk about it. Then you see we are not representation completely, like Joe is for IDHA, his opinion or perception of your opinion, and even if that is correct if you have more than two members he can never ever ever represent both 100%. What we hope to be is more of a facilitator than a representative. We want the say, hey on this issue, say deer reduction, most of the people on our page are saying it has gone too far. Now please go back senator, governor, wildlife chief, read our posts, or members posts, comments to those posts, see how many likes we get on this or that. See for yourself what the people, citizens, owners of the resource are saying in the best easiest way they can. We just want to facilitate you listening.

So gotta run, hope I convinced you all to join, more so to comment to the powers that be that can make a difference, help us all to help each other. Leave the rest of the skeletons in the closet, lets go out an live guys. Good nite, going to another meeting about this now, just so you know.

There you go Jeff V. sorry I was writing to state legislators, organizing things for a meeting, all between seeing my patients, and was getting ready to try to grab a bite to eat before going to another meeting about the HERD after not eating all day, and just scrambled it together, for one last outreach.

From the posts, I think most on here align with us, just don't realized it because of preconceived notions, distrust and whatever else may be your reasons. But you see even the detail over how I hurriedly attempted to answer you became an issue.

JJAS, you are welcome to sit on the sidelines and complain, bottom line is no details matter if we just sit here and do this. To many players in the game, get to detailed no room for any agreement and this is what we get, bunch of arguments. Seems simple to me? Good luck to you all, hope you enjoying shooting your bows and the upcoming squirrel season, I missed the fair this week, because I am DOING something, challenge you all to do the same.