I actually find all of this perplexing, yet understandably real. The old groups for years tried to get people involved but frankly, few joined and even fewer got involved. Why? Well, some folks didn't join the IBA because they felt the bow hunters were always trying to hose the gun hunter. Folks didn't join the IDHA because they didn't like the OBR being supported by it. Oh, and there are an endless number of other reasons why folks didn't join, didn't engage. Now, I'm not trying to be critical of those that didn't join or didn't engage. But what I always found was so many started complaining about the groups not doing enough, not accomplishing this or that, even though those very same people would never join, never engage. So those old groups grew weary, frustrated and simply, old.

Now here we are again, another group forms and at this point they have momentum and followers. But still, many want specifics, details, basically a guarantee of the groups position. Otherwise, they won't join or support or whatever. So what I would say then is, start another group. Start ten groups. Actually, the more maybe the better. At least then we could get more at the table. And my fear is always this, even from my own idealism, is that a lot of folks really, down deep inside, have the thought that its "resource first IF it's my way". Maybe the best thing is to leave the details out because as soon as any group or organization adds detail, it becomes one big p*****g match and the resource, well it loses.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"