HornHarvester, no disrespect intended at all. Just misread the username, apologize. Nor was I diminishing what you have or have accomplished, that is great. I was just pointing out that it is not the norm in the state. I have 145 acres and it is very hard to keep the deer on MY property, that I spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours on every year in management and habitat improvement. However what about the average Joe hunter that just doesn't have the resources to own their own farm, but want to enjoy the citizen owned resource? The average Joe that wants to take his boy to say Yellowwood and just see some deer and harvest one, shouldn't he have that opportunity, or should it be taken away because a few greedy individuals killed 8 apiece for a couple years and moved on?

Brew, you seem to know me better than I do myself, sure don't know you, nor does my family. Seems you may be a stalker of some degree? However, no your information is absolutely incorrect. Me and MY FAMILY, for decades worked to maintain permission all over the state, hunting in double digit counties and other states annually, put in for special/military/park hunts. We have never taken more than 1-3 does off any given farm in any given area ever. Even when we are fortunate to hunt Military areas together we are spread out all over the base in the different areas. Not DNR's FAULT, rather a management plan forced upon them by some that may not be as concerned for the resource as we are, IE: farming/insurance. Did we wrong you in a past life or something? Just wondering? Sorry we are successful deer hunters and great management tools, maybe you can be too when you grow up.

JJAS, this is the dialog we are promoting at IWDHM Group. What is the answer? Seems the regular tags allow sufficient harvest to manage herds. Do we even need bonus permits and extra winter antlerless season? Of course if you mention doing away with all bonus permits there would be a enormous uproar, and the DNR should have this tool where needed. We are just promoting moderation in using them. Especially not in excess. Dialog is needed how we work all this out to find a happy median and not this all or nothing, too many or not enough. I think most sportspersons are conservationists. Our licenses are such a small part of the cost incurred deer hunting. Maybe if there is not as many tags, there could be an increase in cost/funding for the DNR. Indiana has always been one of the cheapest places to hunt license wise in as long as I remember. Maybe we need to step up that cost/funding. I think most would pay more for a more enjoyable experience. Just my thoughts. Conservationists have historically put their money where their mouths were, as well as action. Keep sharing yours. We would welcome it on the Facebook page to keep it more condensed for all to see what sportspersons that are looking for solutions and answers are actually saying. That is what we want to accomplish streamline the communication between all parties interested in the Whitetail Deer.