Gary, I don't fear there will be no deer for our grandkids to hunt, partly due to far too many of us care far too much for this sport known as hunting to allow it (proven by groups and forums like your's, IDHA, IBA, Hunting-Indiana and various others) I also feel the DNR wants to keep things getting like they were in the 50's-70's because they need the deer for financial stability (we are their biggest funding source...no deer less licenses...).

I know first hand how fast a place can go from not having many deer to having an abundance as well...sometimes this is accomplished through habitat improvement (as we did), local landowner cooperatives (always a good thing if possible) and as some of our state needs now trigger control....whether taught or forced with legislation.

The new quotas not going up in nearly all counties (more down) shows even the DNR is catching onto this...I do respect it isn't enough in some opinions though and many think they should have changed more....however the bonus season truly makes barely any impact in the overall numbers harvested...and will continue to play less and less of a role as fewer and fewer counties are part of it.