I'm hoping that everyone can take a step back and be focused on their individual organization and the deer herd itself. There needs to be an effort for everyone to look forward and not look back. All of us have likely gone through various stages of deer hunting and deer harvesting. What happened in the past probably is best served in the past.

I'm not sure what all the criteria is that the DNR established for participation on FWCC and I'm happy to see that the IDHA is supportive of any group that meets that criteria. Each organization, be it the IBA, the IDHA , QDMA or the IDWHM all likely having differing views on various issues but each likely has value to be added to supporting the DNR and to input and ideas as to how the future of deer management in Indiana is best served. The best approach in my opinion is for the various individuals in all of these organizations to sit down and talk about common interest and goals. There is no doubt in my mind that each organization has individuals with a lot of passion and energy concerning deer and deer management and what would likely best serve the DNR and the deer herd generally is for all those individuals to work together. Heck, I even think a guy named Woody Williams should be at the table also because he has a lot of passion and energy as well, even though many on here have not always met eye to eye with him on issues. There is no value in exclusion and if folks are really interested in the deer herd we have to be able to work through any barriers to working together. Personally, I don't believe the FWCC is worth the time that is spent on it and that a better format by the DNR is probably warranted.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"