Originally posted by Jeff Valovich:
Listen here you two, bowhunter ed/hunter ed is given preference at the State park reduction, I say it should be mandatory, but the state dosnt feel that way or they'd never fill the slots... ... When I set up the urban program at Beverly Shores, proficiency testing was mandatory and it worked out great.....I was also involved in Ohio at a Arboretum and gave classes on the hunt there where the shooting test was mandatory, it kept some clowns off the place that never should have been in the woods with their crappy equipment/dull BH's and lousy shooting skills....and yes a urban program or something similar to the park hunts IS the way to go after the WW vets get done instead of using sharpshooters.......
Yes it is given preference but not mandatory to take and just because you make people take a class to participate in something doesn't mean they are gonna go out and maintain proficiency in it either....

IMO I think the only reason the WW are getting first crack at this is is because no one who is against this hunt is gonna say something to bring themselves bad press... I don't care how they do it because I am not going to participate, but I agree that they should have a hunt to thin the herd...