Originally posted by delaney:
JJas, I agree with your comment. I certainly don't know where the line is drawn. It is part of the continuous redefining of the term hunting. Do I think it demeans and somewhat cheapens the traditional and fundamental of what hunting was generally meant to be, yes. Do I think that the technology march is wrong, not really. But, if todays technology was available "back then", whenever that was, I think the hunters then would have used the technology. But, do I think a guy who targets a deer and harvests it with a stick bow has accomplished something much greater then a guy who harvests a targeted deer with a compound, crossbow, shotgun, rifle, etc, yes. Doesn't make either of them good or bad as individuals or hunters though.
I don't disagree. I can totally appreciate a guy who hunts with a recurve or open sighted traditional muzzleloader and I do think it is more of an accomplishment.

I think the same thing about a guy who scouts without using game cameras. Especially the newer models that call your cell phone in real time.

But that doesn't mean using it is wrong. They are legal and as we all know...time and technology wait for no one.