Originally posted by Jeff Valovich:
and thus the deer kill would rise again....Ive hunted Texas with my .270, killed deer to 275-325 yds with it(which is the extreme range with it)....the idea of the slug guns and MLs and the pcr's is safety and closer ranges, not 400 yd shots with a .308 or .300 win. ........I can make those, I do it with my 22-250 on woodchucks....I was a USMC Sniper, long range shots are not hard to do with the right firearm.. Now, if those calibers would be limited to single shots like the Ruger One or a Handi Rifle, you wouldnt have some guy rat tat tatting the wood/fields on a running deer with a flat top AR style....yea, I know, there are some that do it with slug guns...
A centerfire rifle tends more accurate than a pcr, just like a pcr tends to be more accurate than a rifled slug gun, just like a rifled slug gun tends to be more accurate than a smooth bore slug gun.

And as far as "rat tat tatting"...if we allow centerfire cartridges, perhaps the trade off for that is limited capacity.....

And as far as the "kills rising again"....that's why there is a thing called "bag limits"....