HH:

"There was almost zero opposition to the OBR when you pushed it though. At that time the public knew very little about the OBR and it cake walked its way into a trial period. "

WRONG sir, it took three administrative rule change periods, SIX(6) years. When public numbers could no longer be stifled Jim Mitchell was forced to change it. That is FACT that can not be denied.

"Dr Mitchell said the OBR was a social issue and nothing would change but a shift in harvest numbers and he was right."

If all you count is dead deer then he was right. Jim Mitchell also said the 1 1/2 year old harvest would NEVER remain below 52%, I guesss he missed that one by a mile! Hovers at 40%, cvorrect.

"If the OBR is the real buck producer like you are saying why not have the 3 year trial period and see? Past figures suggest only around 6,000 addiction bucks a year would be taken. Thats only around 60 deer per county. "

Ahh......... you have to factor in all the recent changes that increased hunter participation. PCRs, youth seasons, crossbow, none of the data would be valid. NOW throw in telechek and there will be NO physical checks.No data collected, just he said she said.... also remeber DNR said the herd is growing, more bucks out there so again flawed data. Finally, why would anyone want to go back to a process that was designed to grow the herd by putting most of the pressure on bucks?

"The current license structure was based on two bucks a year and should be changed if the OBR is made into law."

Not at all, again you have the opportunity to purchase the all season license that includes one buck and two antlerless tags. Or you can buy a buck tag for each season should you only want to hunt antlers, seems very fair to me! Woody doesn't have ANY problem going to Illinois at 500.00 per buck tag, let him do that.

"To me the DNR wanting the OBR made permanent without a 3 year trial is "throwing the dog a bone" trying to mend fences with the stakeholders."

We don't need fences mended, they do as they wish as you will soon see.

Finally HH, You or Woody please point folks here where Chad Stewart EVER requested a three year trial in Administrative rules, and where he requested an Earn A Buck program. You folks have twisted his words and the survey to fit your agenda.

When science meets tradition there will be sparks.....